Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Doctors visit

Interesting day, after meeting with all 3 doctors, surgeon, radiation and chemo, this is sort of a summary of the good and the careful.

The Good -
-I can drink in moderation.. one wine glass with dinner is OK.
-The steroids were reduced in 1/2 again.
-They were thrilled with my progress to the point that they encouraged some of what you would consider my crazy behavior. I should ride my bike and I can go swimming. The swimming part pushes interesting buttons in my head, but I need a pool first.
-I can drive anywhere I want, but need to be careful not to get too tired.
-During the surgery, they took samples for pathology from 12 lymph nodes. Eleven came back clean, 1 showed a touch of cancer that was scrcapped off and taken out. Moral of the story is youare a cancer survivor, however, be very aware of your body it could be back.

The careful
-I still have my pneumonia, much less, but it is still there.
-I also have the inflammation of the lung tissue (from the
radiation)
-All very hopeful but we are not out of the woods yet.
-Tiredness might overcome you with the reduction of the steroids.
-No lifting for 2 more weeks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the most part, that's great news! So slow & steady, no scratch that. Mima definition of the last sentence "Are we done yet?" So moderately medium speed ahead, with yellow caution flags so you don't pass out all of a sudden then!!! Why does the pool idea push buttons in your head all of a sudden? Pools suddenly affect you differently now that there is less organs to submerge???? You think funny! Glad to hear you doing well. Miss your crazieness 4 days a week!!!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima - that is AWESOME (such a American word) news.

Listen, American Lung Cancer (same folks we did the stair climb) are doing a bike ride in September from Plymouth to Provincetown. You up for it?

Rich

1:08 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Rich:

Send me the information and let's see if i can possibly be in shape for that by then.

IML

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home