Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

P.T.

I have been very good about my exercises since I got very depressed about the fact that I used to be able 6 months ago to do 3 x 30 reps of lunges with 20 lbs on each hand and lately I can only do 5 holding on to something. Yeah yeah... save the lecture... I realize it is getting easier and smoother, HOWEVER... I thought it was very funny when the physical therapist says to me that I have to take one day a week and do nothing... cut back on the walking, no exercises.

Needless to say, after I stopped laughing, well... I really couldn't stop laughing. Since everyone wants me to be back to normal,(which in my case is containing my hyperactive self) I need to keep moving and doing. He wants me to do nothing... mmm maybe, just maybe he will get almost nothing mima style.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said...

Mima heading up to Vermont tomorrow to play in the Thomas Cook Memorial Golf Tournment. Thomas died 6 years ago at the age of 12 due to cancer. What he taught me in those 12 years, was to relax, take a step back and don't rush so much. Tell an 8 year old to go to the mailbox and bring in the mail and watch what they do. They skip, stop and try and catch a butterfly, maybe step on some ants. Tell an adult to go the mailbox. They think about there day, what needs to get done at night and right back into the house they go. Very sad, but true.

In Thomas' memory, this golf tournment was developed and enough money has been raised to put an addition onto Fletcher Allen hospital in Vermont and it's called the Thomas Cook Wing. Amazing what a 12 year old can accomplish, isn't it?

Livestrong!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita,

I am already having difficulty catching up with you physically and I am not even thinking about catching up intellectually.

I am smart enough to say you should stop running and do nothing but I will tell you to slow down just so I can be close enough.
ER

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what Rich writes... Act like a 12 yr old for once!!! That's some good & wise advice!
KUDOS to Rich!!! I've called you the "1 man ant farm" for 10 years, sit back & be the Queen.
Peace

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home