Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Visit

We went to the doc's yesterday. First up a chest x-ray. I had to wait 45 minutes and it was driving me crazy. Wonder why my blood pressure was high when they did the vitals. They move the electrconic file of the x-rays to my surgeon's monitor, and he was basically ready for me by the time I got to his office.

BTW, the Starbucks coffee I had purchased prior to the x-ray's...COLD.. ruined..damn it!

The Dr. proceeds to do all that funny tapping they do. Deep breathing please... ok... any this? any that? how are you feeling?.. how are you reacting to the meds?? all standard stuff. Then he says what we want to hear, The tumor has been resected (sp)(all taken out) only trace would be microscopic and with monitoring they can tell. Needless to say we were all very happy about that. Now he wants me to really start the recovery in earnest, lots of walking, stationary bike and general activity. Expect to crash in the afternoon's after all that work, but that will go away eventually. Now it is official, I can drive short distances!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such good news!! You'll be race walking in no time! Get those elbows up, baby!!!

xoxo
Aimee

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said.....

I am so happy to hear this wonderful news. Keep up the amazing progress.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Bossman!!! Elbows up, head up & most important, don't forget to practice your pelvic tilt!! :-)
That's terrific. But let us all remind you.... That Portsmouth is NOT a short drive! We all know you would try :-) You've made it to the teenager steps stage....
Peace

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima -

It sounds like everything is going your way!! Be well my friend! Keep up the good work!!! Remember, do NOT over do it!!!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home