Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

where does the time go...

it has been 7 weeks since the surgery, minus 2 weeks for the pneumonia and the fluid in the lung ordeal. For being 5 weeks out, I feel pretty good, I am off all the anxiety, sleep, pain drugs and the only thing left is the steroid/antiobiotic cocktail.

Walking around is much easier, 2.78 miles today, stairs are still a challenge (18 steps break 9 steps done) sleeping is much easier, and I am back to reading. Staying home is driving me a little crazy, but I've become very disciplined as to what to do at which time. Doing a lot of work (as in real work) from home.

As an aside I've decided that I will read most if not all Shakespeares works following the book the Invention of the Human. That should keep me occupied for the next 10 years. O.C.D has kicked in.... I suppose it comes from being bored.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, Mima.
Que coincidencia, yo también comencé a leer Bloom's, Invention of the Human...pero sin haber leido las obras de Shakespeare (y no haber entendido las dos que si he leido) me fue imposible pasar de la página diez.
The book is now gathering dust on my shelf and I am completely turned off to read any Shakespeare. It would feel like doing homework.

4:10 PM  
Blogger mima said...

B:

Many moons ago, when the book came out, Joe recommended it and at the time walked me thru The Tempest which we were going to see. So hpefullyy the good memories will remain with it.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can u understand a damn word in that book?! bernardo was right. it is pretty impossible to read Shakespeare's books. i can't even read up to page 2! i was suppose to read romeo and juliet over last summer! don't know how i wuz going to understand the darn thing.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a non-intellect who has read them all; probably seen productions of 20 of them; and appeared in seven or eight, I think I'm qualified to give advice. The Tempest is a great start. Then Twelfth Night. And RELAX! It's no big deal if you don't initially understand what's going on...forge ahead and read aloud when you get stuck. That sometimes helps. Most of all, do NOT be intimidated by Shakespeare (if you think of him as homework you're a dead duck); and if you give up, the terrorists win!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,
We are all thrilled with your progress and glad it is you reading the Shakespeare and not us. However, since this is a knitting blog, what about the knitting?

your sil

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home