Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Alaska Day 1

Yes, we are back and had a great time, however...I wanted to tell about the expedition. Pictures will be loaded tomorrow or the day after once we have gotten used to the time change and the red eye flight from Seattle. Back to the beginning.. we had to wake up at 3:30am to get to the airport for our 6:10am flight. Needless to say I needed coffee in the worst way. We had a change of planes in Toronto and 1 hour to eat a quick breakfast...I was looking for the Canadian equivalent of Dunkin Donuts...Tim Hortons, but they did not have an outlet in the gate area where we were. We ended up having crappy breakfast food and rushing to the gate.

The flights were completely uneventful and luckily went by fast. Arriving at Vancouver I was reminded what a great city it is. This time around however we were destined to board the ship relatively quickly since we were all trying to get a nap before the ship departed. I have to admit that I love the idea of a cruise, the fact that a ship floats being top heavy is amazing to me and as soon as the ties are losened I completely relax. As a weird point of pride, I did not check emails or phone messages all week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home