Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Alaska or bust


First of all, 29 days to go to Alaska… can’t wait! Things I am looking forward to, a big change of scene, mushing on the glacier, bicycling down the mountain and of course… eating like a pig. Only thing I am not looking forward to…The red-eye flight back from Seattle..YUKE Secondly, 531 days to the world cruise. Still have that in my head, let’s see if we can make it work.

Besides some daydreaming, I am sitting at work after having navigated through the streets of Boston. We have been inundated the last couple of days with torrential rains and the water decided to stay on all the main roads and wait for my car to part the seas. It has been very interesting that the normal never ending New England drizzle has been changed to tropical monsoons. The commute has absolutely sucked!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of ironic that the day before you were praying for water - ie. no shower and today you're bitching about it - ie. torrential rains.

28 days to my 100 mile bike ride for Team in Training. I will have you on my mind as I curse the hills of Vermont.

Have a great weekend!

Rich

10:12 AM  
Blogger mima said...

Rich... irony? nooooo

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU are going on a cruise..........!!

I am jealous!!!!

Enjoy!!

I know I did!!

G&E

10:03 AM  
Blogger mima said...

G&E

I need to hear first hand how St Petersburg was!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home