Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh what a day


First off, I had a request to peak to one of our cruising companions about their wardrobe. It seems that once again the idea of appropriate clothing is trying to pass as "comfort". It seem that this person wants to dress like Paul Bunyan in a luxury ship. Then he will bitch that people look awful and not well put together...HELLO Mr Bunyan the invitation for cocktails said jacket and tie... oh oh.. and then he will say why don't we dance...for fuck sake, look at those shoes and socks... even the Chinese have now decided that white socks and leather shoes are a no go... maybe next thing will be no socks and sandals!

Moving along, worked all week and it was interesting. Some stress lots of moving around and a month end closing. Best part is that I found a new Italian Deli that uses exceptionally good bread in their sandwiches. However, by Wednesday I was tired by days end today I was exhausted. Need to get more energy soon.

Doctor reports... Tuesday I go to see the gastroenterologist, if I was a psychic I would say I have a colonoscpy in my very near future... triple eeekkk. Then I get a 4 week brake before the next CT Scan right after we come back from Alaska. Since my arm movements are progressing I hope that I can get into the tunnel with both arms raised over my head... we shall see what happens.

One last thing... 22 days to Alaska and I can't wait...I have this friend Luis.. we have been friends since first grade and were always together. Later in life we always kept in touch and he has been my only real connection back to Puerto Rico. Today, by coincidence he calls from Anchorage to say hi... love weird coincidences... and now I have a recommendation for a good place for lunch... The Glacier Brew House.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunyan says.....Exhilarating can be Exhilarated! Colorado River from Dead Horse Point State Park Utah.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the week went well. It's good that your mind is back where it belongs.

Hugs

David

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home