Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, May 07, 2007

and another thing

I find very interesting how my brain works. When you least expect it, you realize that everything is connected someway somehow. Last night I could not sleep. I took my requisite sleeping pills and watch the second hand sweep away the time. After 2 hours or so, I was hungry for yet another munch. The steroids I am taking make you very hungry, which is kind of fun, but certainly a lot of work.

So, we are planning a big trip to the Baltic, even though it is a vacation, it is still very physical (particularly the stairs on the ship) I kept thinking, if all the seniors who go and do their thing at about 5 mph and are very happy; will I be?. I just don't know if 5mph is going to satisfy me or if I at least need to go at 25mph. The thought sends baltic air chills down my spine. I better strat training for speed and cross winds

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...so listen, mister Hare, how about at least considering a teeny bit of compromise; say somewhere around 12-15 mph. It's not a Tortoise pace but it's still what is usally considered "normal" in most circles; especially by those of us of more advanced years. Smelling the roses and sipping/savoring the wine is much nicer (and more "civilized?") at a slower pace. Now shut up and listen to your Daddy!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now listen Mr. You've just been hit by a bus, A very large bus in fact! It's nice to see the drive there but remember, little steps will get you there also.... You're wings need to heal still & if you keep pushing the limits, it will a whole lot longer to get to those long strides you so crave. Stop clipping your own wings, Dammit!!! No relapse allowed...
Peace.

8:53 PM  
Blogger mima said...

fine ...I'll settle for 15 mph HOWEVER I do reserve the right to speed every so often.

iml

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home