Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hallelujah Shrinkage!!!

OK, so maybe just a little but I'll take the news....Now, the rest of the story.

Radiation first thing in the morning which I gotten used to by now. Two out of three machines were broken today so i was very fortunate to get treatment since my machine was working. From there, up to the fifth floor for radiation planning for my re-simulation.

Pet-Scan technology although old, is still amazing. I got scan and all of a sudden I hear things in the background like "It looks good" (the new software upgrade) " can you believe this?" Tom Brady's comments on Sunday's game. I wait and I wait and the head radiation oncologist comes over to tell me.. The tumor looks great (you know he is pleased with the new software). At this point the Doctor needs a reality check or a bitch slap... HELLO... Is it Smaller???? oh yeah that too... ASSHOLE! tell me that first!

So the scoop is, it has shrunken, but just a little (expected). Now, my good cells need to mount a cleaning attack to pick up all the radiation debris. That is when it is expected the big shrinkage will happen. The other good news, although not 100% confirmed, but there is every indication that a) it does not appear that it has spread and b) the lymph nodes are not showing on the PET scan or maybe the other way around, but it is a good thing since it means that they are not compromised at all.

From those news, up the 9th floor for the hematology oncology people. Not the happiest place on earth... Weight 3 lbs under, Oxygen level at 99%, blood pressure 110/67. One try on the blood thing and two tubes later... and then we wait...

The H.O. Dr. comes to get us and let us know what the results are. Drum roll please... a little anemia (expected) with low cell counts (but not so low to be concerned, but low enough to be vigilant of infections) and the kidney functions are good (a concern since one of the chemo agents is nasty on the kidney)

All in all a great day... tomorrow... my mother...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRAVO! Mimita, some well deserved good news. I must say you are looking like your old beautiful self. Eileen

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy -

And about you Mom, I too am a mother - and have had a mother...I need not say more - Je comprend completment mon chere que la paix sois avec vous et Saint Paul de Quincy.

Hey if you need cleaning - just make the call and I'll be there pronto...

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAAHOOOOOO... Good news, I love it!!! That does my heart good!!! :-) Should make Mom easier to deal with too, hopefully.

Your always on my mind xOOOOOOOOx

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news. Keep up the fight and give Mr Nasty a run for his money.

Hugs

David & Fran

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ooooooo!!!!!!!!!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home