Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 26, 2009

A peaceful week-end in the frigid mountains

I would like to know how 3 Caribbean basin humans enjoy 4 degree weather! It appears that I really should only drive during the day and NOT when my energy and concentration is 0. But, being the stubborn ass I am, I wanted my car up in NH. Enter sis/brother in law and pumpkin...Let's patronize Max Headroom they thought to htemselves...between the 3 they managed to make me think I had free will.... yeah right. I do have to admit to sort of forgetting where I was going, but maybe that is really not so bad...is it? I have slowed the pace of life on purposes to smell the roses better.

for 3 days, we did nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing. We ate very well, had lovely naps and conversations while napping. Right know, I can fall asleep next to a column for 5 minutes and think days have gone by. Just lovely. The drove me back home today and all I can say is that it was the perfect week-end. Frank took care of all the work stuff and emails flew back and forth...

Tonight there seems to be a lecture In my head by Pirandello and Italian Comedia del Arte. It only makes sense since I have been craving pounds of prosciutto with melon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home