Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, July 13, 2007

no more drugs for me...

first day with no drugs... yippeee. They have been reducing the dosage of the steroids slowly but surely. There are a few things of interest. The steroids gave me a very clear boost in energy, particularly at the end of the day, say about 4:00pm. Nowadays the body sends a very very clear message of when it is time to take long brake. First you get the chills, then shortness of breath and the the chest pain. Don't fret, the chest pains are all around the muscles and bones on the incision. Since I am still coughing the phlegm out, the chest has been particularly active.

All in all, I do feel pretty good, just learning to read my body better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

Fantastic news!! We are so happy at all the great progress you are making. What drug will you take when Paul gets out of hand on the trip? Bon Voyage!
Andre & Nikos

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said...

No drugs? Listen, do you have any extra's that you may want to sell?

You look great - good to see you the other night.

Take care,

Rich

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look & smell marvelous! I just wished you looked happy again. I miss your constant guise of wit & humor... Thinking of you, my friend.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home