Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, June 15, 2007

The C.S.C.C

On Thursday I had a radiologist/oncologist visit. As always, I do an X-Ray before going to see the doctors. The technician was amused that he didn't have to line me up with the unit. A big sense of familiarity is setting in.

As I enter the reception area, the receptionist takes my file out without asking my name and I hand over the co-pay without being asked. Some of the people in the office look familiar, so I politely nod. When they take the vitals, blood pressure is a touch high and so is the pulse. Oxygen in-take is at 96% which is really good for me.

As I sit with the Radiologist, the surgeon yells across the hall "TWENTY?" which is the current milligram I am on for one of my medications. I nod back and he proceeds to go and do his thing. The pneumonia keeps going down, but it is not all gone. At least it is going away.

As pleased as I am about where I think I am at, the doctors seem to be even more pleased. Of course, the always seem to have a warning... This time it was "don't forget that your recovery should take 1 year" All I wanted to do was smack one them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...oh for god's sake, smack THIS! I haven't had 96% ANYTHING since about 1954.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back in the dugeons of corporate America I must say. Just your pressence in the building, re-designs the anger management program. We're hoping that with you there, things will change for the better! You have no idea how much you "mean" to people.
>Congrats on the road to recovery no matter how long it takes!!!<
PS> Thanks for the strip tease scatch & sniff thing on Tuesday. You smell marvelous :-) I still like that other 1 best. Dior I think ???
Peace

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding a tea party at 3:00 at the BI Hilton is quite a treat. I hope I keep being invited. We should upgrade to appropriate clothing: parasols, hats and linen. ER

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just shows that they understand your psychology - if anything you do can be classified as remotely "average" you are gonna just beat the @&*# out of it to show it that average is not your style.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home