Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Bubbly drinks

I have been told lately that I don't look happy. I guess I am happy in that sort of stable kind of way, but not in my usual manic one. I am happy that I am alive. I am happy that those around me are alive and well. I am happy I have Paul, and my sister and brother. I am happy my mother is not driving us crazy. I am thrilled when I see people that I haven't seen in ages.

However, I am pensive about things that used to be easy and now are a pain in the ass, or things that I have a feeling I won't be able to do anymore. Roller coasters came to mind.

Being my effervescent self takes a lot of energy, so you need to catch me in the morning; by late afternoon, most of the bubbles are gone and I am thinking of going to bed!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

We thought you looked good last Saturday evening. You have been through a lot and it does wear on the mind and body.

Give it some time.

Love and Hugs

David/Fran

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

effervescense, except maybe for Carol Channing, is highly overrated anyway

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first paragraph you wrote says it all.
I'm happy for you for all those things.

B.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the roller coasters. We can create another form of release, somehow, somewhere, when all the pieces of the puzzle are in place. You made me cry! AGAIN! It makes me feel better to read that you're are happy with all the rest that life has given you. Focus on that.... I'll still be there when the time is right. Promise. ooxoxoo

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life may be simpler than we imagined. Just the basics are good enough. ER

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home