Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Extended Hours

Last night when I took all my pills, I realized that you must give some meds time to work (particularly the sleeping pills). I fought the pillow for about an hour, at which point, finally I slept. Sleep time has been extended to 3 hours segments hopefully I will get to 7 or 8 soon.

Besides that, the big news is that my showers are back in full force, no I didn't stink, but that hospital smell sure sucks. Today was what you would call a deluxe shower. Get all the old adhesive off the skin, good old fashion scrub.

The "steri strips" otherwise known as surgical duct tape are used to keep you together. It falls off slowly as it crumbles from either lack of stress (while holding both sides) or repeated showering.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back where you belong.
Rest and do as they say.
If Paul read to you at bedtime would that help you sleep? Maybe that's not a good idea.

Love and Hugs

David /Fran

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said...

With all those bandages, does this mean you're pretty much waxed from head to toe? If so, I really don't want to know.

Glad to have you back, I needed someone to pick on.

By the way, ever since I posted go Yankees on your blog, the team has shit the bed. You didn't put some Mima spell on them, did you?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOHHHH what a visual! A Long useless & noisy tube attached to a crumbly sort of sticky human being that smells like old hospital surroundings with an attitude. I can't wait until you get back to work to put "THAT" mojo back in motion!!! You're are missed, never question that!!! Although the comatose state might work best at 1st!!!
Peace :-)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home