Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Testing - check

Today I had 5 tests to do.. I have two more to go.

1st I had a brain MRI with and without contrast. According to the technician there is a brain.

2nd a pulmonary activity test. Blow into the tube and hold my breath.. and repeat and repeat. Kind of boring, mostly to understand lung capacity, i think

3rd echo cardiogram... way cool to see all the valves and the blood flow in 3-d and color. They want to make sure that everything is in working order

4th chest x-ray... so common that it is not worth explaining.

5th nuclear medicine for the determination of which lung is working how much (did you know that some people favor one lung over the other?) In addition, radioactive thallium to determine how the veins and arteries of the lung are working.

all in all a long ass day, but mostly very interesting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul on skiis!!! Beautiful...I had difficulty climbing up on the ski lift back when I was 14 years old - short legs?

Your descriptions of the various tests and doctors - perfect. The rest of us carry books but you probably bring along your knitting.

Not necessary to say but prayers are continuing. This Saturday I called out your name, loud and clear.

Love,
Marion

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now we know you have a brain, a heart and, goodness knows, courage. Now for the ruby slippers...click click click

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home