Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The pet-scan cometh

Yes everyone the day of the pet-scan is coming... Tuesday at 1:50 we will know although NOT from the doctors. preliminary information of what is going on. There are several things that I am NOT looking forward.. One Drinking the horrible potion they give you, and to boot I have to drink two bottles this time. There is a good reason why the container is solid green.. they don't want you to see what is inside. Trust me people it is revolting, disgusting and nauseating. (Get the point?) The other thing is that they will have to insert needle to get the dye necessary for the background scans.

I am still debating in my head what kind of information I really want to know on Tuesday, of course I want to know if there is shrinkage, however, I do not know what the magic number of reduction or shape change is to psych myself up that surgery is coming. Since I don't have any of those data points, I believe I am going to play stupid and just have them scan me and go home. On the 1st I have appointments with all three, first the chemo-oncologist, then the radiation-oncologist and the the surprise guest will be the thoracic oncology surgeon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

Could you pretend you are sipping on a fine Cosmo in a nice crystal glass served by Paul "The Cabana Boy"?

We are thinking of both of you.

David/Fran

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,
We are sending you all our good thoughts, prayers and positive energy. Know that we will be with you and Paul in spirit tomorrow. Stay strong.

All Our Love,
Susie, Ashley and Adam
xoxoxox

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita,
I am so happy you are back on the blog. We will all be standing together with you.
Tu hermanita

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there & done that nasty concoction too many times as a child thru to a teen... I feel for you man!!!
Be brave, be strong & plan a really tastey late lunch to overcome the after taste.....

(that's what Ma had to do to get me there in the 1st place, after I figured out what was going to happen everytime I went!) She would say "Look past the unpleasantness & think of the reward for going thru it." I thought What reward??? I have to come back again in 3 months!!!

WELL

I guess she was right. I never would of met you!

I'm with you in spirit, ALWAYS!

Peace.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it as bad as the time I tried Vermouth straight up as unwitting teenager??? ickkkk. Bad memories gone replaced by those of oh so delicious beer and wine! Maybe this is a sign that milkshakes are to be in again! They say the imagination is most important, try try try to imagine cabana boy Paul bringing a new exotic milkshake for breakfast and later you can mask the memory with the real thing.

LeT's Get it GoinG, GaMe TiMe, We'Re oN FolKs!!! BreaK a LeG...

7:06 AM  
Blogger Lester said...

YEAH, my blog withdrawals are doing better now. Keep up the writting.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home