Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

My mind caught up with the actual date

It has taken me three days to catch up with what has actually happened. It might have been faster, but other things got in the way. The hardest part has been going from life as usual to your life has a lifespan that is determined in months. At that point, you shrink timewise all the things you want to do in your lifespan and try to live every second as important. For a planner like me, it was very hard emotionally and mentally; not to say a lot of work. I might have burnt a neuron or two.

Then all of a sudden someone who has a fancy degree ,comes over and tells you that they can, if they patch 1 vein, one artery and take out a portion of a lung, bring your life back to double digit year extension and possibly be cancer free.

All that planning out the window, BUT, I am the cynic... I don't believe everything I hear.. hopeful pessimism or guarded optimism, call it what you will.. I will have my shortened plan stashed away until after the surgery.

things have been changing a bit too fast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIVE TODAY AS IF TOMMOROW MAY NEVER COME, and they say this to young people how have not an end in sight. For a planner such as yourself this may present a win-win; a cosmic tie of sorts, plan as you desire with as you must to bring all this craziness to a focused mind not concerned of time except to enjoy it and exceed expectations. Viva la revolucion!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,
How would it feel to be in a roller coaster that goes 27-7 for three months? You can explain the feeling, not a problem!
ER

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home