Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

a note of thanks

As you can see from the link (Stair climb) Richard and I are the #1 fundraising team (Are We at the Top Yet). However the team that is in #2 is a team of ten and will probably come in with donations at the last minute. Not that I am competitive or anything, but we can't let that happen!

I would like to thank Richard for doing this, and everyone who has contributed to the cause.

Let's see how we do on the stair climb on St Patrick's day

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard said...

I would like to thank all of those who sponsored Mima and I, your generosity is very much appreciated.

As some of you know, I’ve been involved with cancer research fundraising for the past 4 years. This past Friday I attended a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The fundraiser was for a young girl who fought cancer and won. She was on stage in front of 1,000 people and before singing a song (she has sung on Broadway already), she brought us all to tears by talking about when she was going through chemo and radiation she loved when she fell asleep. She paused and we all thought why, she said, “In my sleep I am cancer free.”

Her parting words were:

“You can live the face of cancer or you can live the face of hope.” – Jessica Mauro, 10 years old, 6 years cancer free.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Rich has done makes him a real winner.Tp sponsor you and Mima was our pleasure.

Before knowing all that he does with cancer research I thought he was a winner of another kind.

Good luck Saturday Rich and keep up the great work.

Hugs and Love

David/Fran

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home