Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Day 2 of testing

After going to work in the early morning and dealing with reports for month end, a new surprise was dropped on our lap (Frank and I) daylight savings time has been move two weeks early and we must update and do crap to computers that will take us hours. I am also sure that there will be fallout of things that do not work like they use to with the Flintstones versions of Microsoft.

Ran home to pick up Paul since I could not drive after today's appointment, and I was developing the mother of the headaches since I could not drink or eat since last night.

Go to the hospital and got a bed in the day care unit. Nurse checked me in and explain parts of the procedure, today's menu includes a bronchioscopy with a side of medication. They rolled me upstairs to where the exam was going to happen and the promised happy IV was set-up. Two doctors, two technicians, and a shitload of equipment. The first think was the use of a pressurized lidocaine gun up my nose and all over my throat (it tasted like crap) and then the happy fluid started flowing. From there, I am told that the put a scope with a camera down my bronchii to look for any cancerous tissue or tissue that might be suspect. I was told they took some tissue for biopsy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there any tests in the book that you haven't done?

Keep up the fight on Mr. Nasty.

We are 100% behind you.

Hugs and love.

David/Fran

8:48 AM  
Blogger tonci said...

You're clearly skiing through all the punches getting thrown your way with grace and style. Wouldn't be the ridiculously taxing month this March is without a daylight savings snafu to bring excitement at work, would it? Maybe one of these hospital tests will turn up the secret to your energizer bunny status, how you somehow manage to renew your energy and power just by reflecting in your own light (like Rene's new eco-drive watch). Anyway, fingers are crossed for smooth slopes ahead!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for happy IV fluid and the science of medicine!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home