Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 22, 2007

The wedding day....

Didn't sleep as well as I should have since a) I went to bed way too late and b) woke up with a nuclear headache from Veuve Cliquot at 4:00 in the morning, when imagine my surprise, Paul was also up. I guess he was just too excited. Slept till 7:00 and just went straight for the busy work. clean all the dirty glasses, toss the remaining food trays and generally clean the house.

We had made plans to have breakfast with very close friends that came in from out of town J & J. The funny part was that I had pawned off mother duty to my sister who passed it to my nephew. Both J & J were staying at the same hotel as my mother and of course as we went to pick them up, my mother was standing in the lobby. Talk about awkward moment. Luckily my nephew was 30 seconds behind me and he just whisked her away.

Breakfast was wonderful, but then again difficult to screw up decent food with wonderful company.

3 hours to go till party

Returned friends back to hotel and headed home for beauty duty. After all it is my wedding day! Couldn't get any fake spray tan because it interferes with the radiation; who knew... this Mr Nasty is interfering with my beauty... I DON'T THINK SO.. First a deep cleansing clay masque.. wait until dry, remove.. then hydrate ( I need it badly since it is cold as shit) around 2:30 Shower, shave, buff the bald spot and start getting ready.

Not to be too graphic, but it was so much fun... so, underwear, t-shirt, knee high black socks, shoes ( I know... super geek looking and NO PICS) Next shirt stays into the shirt collar and setup up the cuff links (I hate putting them in afterwards). Shirt on... next was the kilt, strap on one side I got stuck so I had to run and have Paul help. No pics of this either, but I had to raise the kilt to tuck the shirt in properly. Then it was the belt, followed by the sporran. Then finally jacket and vest.

Let me tell you... DAMN WE LOOKED GOOD!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel tov!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home