Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 22, 2007

The day before...

Woke up relaxed and fresh as the morning dew, maybe in California since it was cold in Massachusetts (9 degrees). Dressed relatively warm and got ready for day #2 with mom. As I drove over to the hotel (for you curious ones, she chose to stay there) to pick mom and bring her back to the apt. We were sort of killing time before going to sister's for a family brunch.

St Paul couldn't make it (work issues) so I drove. As always, lovely to see the family; the brunch itself was simple and plentiful. You know the point when your head says, I think I've had enough and I have to leave... with me lately is like a race car taking off the start line, the desire is very fast and then (say it isn't so) I get obnoxious. I want to leave NOW!!

We had to prepare the house for the group that was coming over tonight. Small group for cuban food, nothing fancy just drop in, eat and go home. Well what can I say, if your mother is claiming that she is bored, PUT HER TO WORK. She folded three loads of laundry and ironed the tablecloth. Then plunked down exhausted... what ever happened to good labor...

My B.I.L (Brother-in-Law) was kind enough to pick all 4 tons of food from our favorite Cuban restaurant. The mantra for the week-end still is "keep it simple!" so all I had to do was setup the buffet plates and flatware and get the wine chilled.

Mother behave relatively well, although still some maintenance was required. I wished my sister circulated around the room more, but she was tending to mom. All in all, a lovely event. 25 people dropped in and out, Lots of champagne (I'll tell you about the nuclear headache later) Amazingly, almost all the food was gone. A great night to connect with some of the out of town guests.

Tomorrow the big day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home