Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Honeymoon's over...reality sets in again

Monday at 6:00 hangover or not I was up ready to take mom to the airport, I have the day off from radiation since it was going to take them 2 days (software upgrade after my re-scan) to re-map the size and location of the tumor and to upload that information into the computer that runs the radiation treatment itself. The rest of Monday was a day for rest and relaxation.. I have two weeks coming up that are a dozy .

Tuesday morning back to radiation.. two pictures to make sure the upload worked and then two zappings.. Interestingly and I don't understand the reason, the machine is now radiating at a 15 degree angle from top and bottom. Interesting but don't know why.

Wednesday (today) and now we are all up to date back to radiation in the morning. I have been sleeping incredibly well, so that makes me happy. Next week I have a full week of both chemo and radiation, so I need to be fully rested and ready.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the sleep is due to the fact that you are now married and no longer lay awake thinking how do I get my man to say I will.

Keep up the fight on Mr. Nasty.

David

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima -

I have become addicted to your blog!! I was directed here from a co-worker who works in the Ivory Towers!! You and your husband make an awfully arrtactive couple!! I love the kilts... I need to see the knees!! Stay strong!!!

A friend of a friend.....

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you & Paul. I am glad you have this blog so I can keep up to date on how things are going.

If you need anything I can send up a group of flannel-clad, Teva & wool sock wearing sistas from NH to help out!

Love
Imelda

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi--

Congratulations to you and Paul. You both looked very handsome in your kilts. Looking forward to hearing all of the wonderful wedding details from the cousins.

Our best to both of you,
Ellen & Peter

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home