Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 22, 2007

The arrival 3:30-4:45

What the hell?? We arrive at 3:30 for some formal portraits expecting to be at the restaurant on our own... YEAH RIGHT.. at least 10 people were already there... Let the festivities begin... BTW, how do you woman do it??? my cojones got cold awefuly fast... damn it was cold

Sparkling water to start.. need to pace myself after the night before... The kilts are the hit of the party (did they think we were not going to look good??? DUH!) Slowly but surely everyone starting to arrive. Only 2 people that were invited didn't show up. The service at the restaurant during the cocktail hour was exceptional, very happy with that. The hors d'oeuvres were pretty good and everyone seemed to be eating.

People keep arriving and I am thinking to myself... are they all going to fit here?? but it was working and I was happy with that. Some people we haven't seen in ages, Paul's family, my family and lots of friends. Good vibe to the room, I am getting more and more excited. Finally, my mother arrives... the moment of truth... you should be able to read her opinion of the kilt in her face.... but nothing.. ok, passed that one ok. I had decided to wear my fathers fraternity pin on the lapel of my jacket as well as my mothers engagement ring... I am having a ball! this hostess with the mostest thing is fun!

and then out of the corner of my eye I see the minister... the time is here... it is time to get married, after all that is what everyone is here for.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard all about the wedding from Les today....and I really think you both look fantastic in kilts!Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.
What is it with the house cleaning before a mother's visit? I used to clean frantically before my mother arrived but never when my mother-in-law was coming...must be some psychological reason for that but I don't plan to waste time trying to figure it out.
All is quiet down south. I miss the boys already and missed out on seeing you. Keep the good news coming re: shrinkage and re-simulations....sounds as though they are going to Star Trek you into space or some such thing.

Love you both,
Marion

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wedding was absolutly beautiful. Frank and I were very pleased and honored to be in attendance. We love you both! I have never experience such a wonderfully intimate ceremony. It was a pleasure to meet your friends and family. I can now put faces with all the names and stories that go along with them. One day I hope you'll meet my soap opera of a family. But thank god their is no juicy gossip to share at the moment. Hugs to you and Paul and I'll see ya soon. Kim

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding was grand and what a nice group of people.

You both were picture perfect in the kilts. So glad you did but after hearing about it for years who would expect anything less.

Love

David & Fran

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home