Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

4:45-5:10 The Wedding!

At this point I am looking for the JP... is he late or is it that I haven't seen him... tick tock tick tock... UPS .. there he is... all dressed in black with the white hair. Central casting did not disappoint. The time has arrived.. how the hell am I going to position all this people??? in honor of our losing Patriots... THE HUDDLE! Everyone in the front room who has a table sit down, the rest, stand around the walls. Very earthy in an almost want to chant kind of way...

I searched and retrieved my mother to the middle table so she could see. (could you believe she was talking during the ceremony and someone had to ask her to shut up?!?!?!) Minister in place, Paul in place, his sister in place, and Adam was holding the rings which pleased me immensely .On my side I had my brother and my sister, what else could I possibly want?! and I said probably to loud... ARE WE READY TO GET MARRIED? and of course the crowd cheered. Probably because they were tired of standing, but I rather think it was because it was about time that after 18 years we did this.

Minister starts with a lovely call to emotional arms by basically thanking the state of Massachusetts for allowing and recognizing the wedding as legal (2 points for the state) then something about emotional blah blah blah... I was to concerned with making Paul laugh or to at least stop crying... this was happening in real time.. We had an incident with a handkerchief, I offered mine to Paul, but he pulled his from the sporran ( you know that funny moment to brake the emotional tension).

and then, it was time for the vows... Paul wrote them and they were so sweet, the crowd was silent and I could hear sobbing, dang.. my sister ..oh wait there are people sobbing in the crowd... so sweet!!! (but I couldn't figure out who it was? and I want names!) We exchanged rings, and the minister had the crowd agree to help and support us thru thick and thin. In my book, just by being there that part was fulfilled. and if you weren't there I know you support us regardless!

Finally the minister said the words I never expected to hear in my lifetime.... by the power vested in me by the state of Massachusetts I pronounce you.. partners for life.

if you are sobbing and you know it clap your hands....

ps I thought the minister was absolutely wonderful...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita, this was the best wedding ever. Just perfect in every detail. Is there any champagne left? Your proud sister

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita, this was not only a well orchestrated, mean piece of logistics, but yes I was clapping to. As I am now just remembering. CARAJO you even have to bat it out of the park on your own wedding. Show off ;-). By the way Paul looked cute as a botton(m).
We should do this more often just for the gathering. Want to renuew vows next year. I want another wedding. Love ya. Now now it has been a while. Say It Say It. I am waiitiiinnggggg....

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surrounded by sobbing people as I filmed. Had I Known you wanted proof, I would of filmed the crowd instead! You whacko!
With all your bouncing around thru the ceremoy, we all thought you A)had to pee B)still trying to warm up your cajones...
The whole thing was FABULOUS!!! We had a blast, as did the rest I think. Lots of laughter, some tears & a roomful of overflowing love for you & Paul. Every one did say "it's about time! Thank-you for inviting us to share in your special day. :-)

PS> Loved meeting some of the other bloggers too....

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be warned this will not be my final comment on your blog...I am just marshaling my curmudgeonly thoughts. Anyway, tear ducts were emptying on my right being my sister Jessie; and your friend George just behind me sounded like he had a walrus in his throat he was so out of control. Your mother was seated to my left and although I did not detect a whole lot of moisture, the muttering was quite entertaining and I just wished to God I had paid more attention in Spanish class. As for myself I'm just glad I didn't catch your co-worker Frank's eye because both of our shoulders were heaving but for an entirely different reason. There are all kinds of tears, doncha know.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two should become wedding planners. Great job on such short notice.

I don't remember the last time I saw so many tears at such a hppy event.

Two thumbs up you both and all your great friends.

David & Fran

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say congratulations and glad that you finally did this!! good luck and may you live happily and fullfill all your dreams and goals!!!!!!
take care and see you soon
Kathi

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home