Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

here we go again

Arrived early for my internal organ sun tanning, and they took me right in. Love when that happens. Then up to the Hilton cabana's in the sky. As I am getting ready to go into bed, I was gently tapped by Linda Blair...run to the bathroom and heave ho...the deed is done. Incredibly I feel better once I do it, ut I hate to throw up (which is really down but let's not get into that). Get into bed and order breakfast.. scrambled eggs, pancake and turkey sausage with orange juice.

The first nurse try to find the vein twice, and called for a backup; second nurse tried once to no avail and great pain since she kept trying to "find it". Third nurse was the old pro IV nurse, one shot and voila.. done. Today I brought my computer to track the work computers arrival at home. It made it and it works....hallelujah!

Worked all afternoon and organized trips and what not... great fun. I am booking vacations out to 2009.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,
Tell them you're not going to hold out your arm for anyone but the "pro IV nurse". Enough with the pain.

Glad your hubby is taking such good care of you.

Love, your SIL
xoxoxox

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima ...
What a trip you're tripping through 2009 ... round the world cruise this summer is really cool ... way to go. If your BI handlers are less than fully encouraging, invite them to sign on as medical volunteers. I imagine you helping these wonderfully dedicated and skilled physicians, probably mostly type A personalities, lighten up a bit as far as what living life fully really means.
Another daily reader and first time blogger,
Joanne

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the way to go.

I guess we better geton the stick. We are only booked out through 2008.


Hugs

David&Fran

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlike many of the rest of you I am looking forward to when Mima returns to work. Althgough work goes on ( with or without) it is not the same without Mima...

Mima you know I miss and love you...

Frank...

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're paying attention to the ports of call and making sure San Francisco is on the list. We had both the QE2 and the QM2 in town recently, proud beauties on view from Fisherman's Wharf. I don't think they allow much time for sightseeing is the only problem. We may be better off with a shore based excursion.

The next time someone says "name your poison," choose B&B and not in IV format.

Hang in there, Mima darlin'. I'm rooting for shrinkage.

Love, Jessie

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home