Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Back to the B.I. Hilton *****

Today we had the combo, radiation and chemotherapy, first the tanning booth and then a trip up to the B.I. Hilton suites. I have 4 more days of radiation and although I love the people there, I know that I will not miss the process. Chemotherapy is the usual pain... first the needle (which I positively hate, then the poisons. Etoposine is not too bad (I will get that from Monday-Friday) Cis-Platin I hate, you feel the cold fluid go up your arm.. it is yuke...

The process takes about 4 hours, of sheer boredom. Paul and Eileen were with me all that today..poor bastards.

We had a set of VIP's today at work and since I was getting chemo, Frank and Ed did the tour honors. I am sure that it was a great visit. Tomorrow I am getting my computer, hopefully everything will work as expected and I won't have to send it back again or drive up to Portsmouth for month end proceeding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
For those wonderful boring hours that never seem to end..bring a movie and have them hook up the vcr for viewing, bring a book, or puzzles. Been in that hot seat. It's boring as hell. So set up something to pass the time during the drip. Lots of love and wishing you patience. Only a few more to go. :o)
Kim

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita, when the computer finally arrives I suggest we start dancing in the streets! Tu hermanita

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home