Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

2 days of vacation...

After I got home from our shopping expedition, did some laundry and some knitting. Our neighbor had invited us for dinner so we had to primp up a little for the occasion. The restaurant was very good The Ashmont Grill but the weather was brutally cold, Nothing that a good drink won't cure.

Slept very well last night and today is R&R to the max. Hopefully my computer from work will arrive today, although I am not hopeful. Beside that, a little mopping, a lot of knitting and of to the movies this afternoon. We are going to see The Queen. OH SHUCH.. the other queen, you know the one in England!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mima,

As you know I am prone to philosophical musings, especially about matters relating to our nature. Therefore, I feel an urge to respond to your earlier question "...if I could know, would I like to know what kind of death I will have?" Here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I think I would rather not know when I'm going to die; I think our psychic makeup demands that we engage life as if we are immortal. However, if life deals me with the predicament you face -- i.e. having to renounce the innocence of immortality and being fully aware of how much time I have left -- then I think I would like to know as much as possible about the quality of my physical condition during the time I have left, including how I will die. Why? Because the only possible consolation from being in such a predicament is the ability to decide and define, to whatever extend is possible, the conditions at the end.

Yours truly,

Gastón

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To add one more sentence to the "Cuban Confucius" :-) and be able to determine how much fun I have to put into how much time ;-)

Remember, life is simple people complicated.

The "Puerto Rican Confucius"

El Nene Lindo

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live as if you will die tomorrow.
Learn as if you will live forever.
-- Mahatma Ghandi

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowledge is power, when used wisely as you well know!
Time on the other hand we have no control over.
You get 1 trip around the sun, make the best of it.
Knowing, well kind of knowing how long, can change a persons judgement but not their character.
"Follow your heart & you will arrive happy & with no regrets. Maybe some tasks left undone but that falls into the time we have no control over."
--Pop, 2 days before he passed.

Me, I would want to know, when not how...that could divert my plans & I would miss some of the happiness I longed for.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home