Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 4 chemo

Another lovely day down by the radiation cabanas at the BI Hilton. Today was Radiation Oncology Doctor day and I had the opportunity to chat with 2 of them. One of the most interesting questions was regarding vivid dreams, which indeed I am having. I guess they are a large symptom of the Superior Vena Cava pressure. The dreams are so real that I wake up knowing it was a dream but convinced that they actually happen. Very cool weird stuff.

They were very happy that I feel better, however, they are not seeing any physical evidence to back my claims since the size of the swollen neck and arms has not gone down. They were however pleased that I am no longer black and blue around my belly.

After that, my usual 3 hours of chemo. Slept through most of it. No excitement there. Paul picked me up at the hospital and we went to do errands. Chilled all afternoon, and watch Saint Paul do laundry and make beds.

Paul's sister Susan and Adam came to visit and we had a terrific dinner down at the marina. I do have to say that I ate like a pig, and if I sleep all night again, I will be happier than a swine in excrement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might be tripping. HaHa. Share the good one ;-)
Love me

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pigs like yourself...don't like to be excrement dirty, just muddy dirty. The mud keeps them cool & in your case possibly warm due to the lack of hair! hahahaha
If you give the pig a choice of laying in it's out shit or a clean pile of sawdust, they choose the sawdust...
You can also train them to do tricks if your so inclined. Much like yourself.... Although I don't think they could hang on to the knitting needles.
Enjoy the much needed sleep & rest up in between naps. I know you...., you might feel a little better & just go whole hog at something your body is not ready for!!!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home