Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

different uses for technology

Radiation went pretty well. Still incredible to me that it only takes 3 minutes. As I was leaving, Paul and the nurse decided that I needed to conserve my energy so I had to get into a wheel chair. As I am wheeled around the hospital I kept thinking of fancy properties where they use the golf carts to trasnport guest from point a to point B. Next it was Shapiro 4th floor.

Contrary to radiation, the pet scan was a pain in the ass. They inject the isotopes which hurt like a mother and you have to sit there for one hour, no talking no visitors. The staff loves having the patients to play statue, once the game begins, you get into the tube, and stay still for 30 minutes while the machine moves in and out. Needless to say, that's when you want to sneeze or get a cramp. I hate that fucking machine. Just seconds before screaming "I've had enough, get me out" they said , test is over, you will be out of there in a second. sure.....

From there I dreaded the ride up to chemotherapy. The lovely Audra received me with open arms and plenty of drugs and poisons... She set us up in my own private opium den, and imiagine my surprise when she says order your breakfast quickly and they will bring it up to you within 20 minutes. The BI Hilton never disappoints. So in order of entry, I had 30 minutes of an anti-nausea medicine, 30 minutes of saline to hydrate since poison #1 affects the kidneys, then 1 hour of poison #1, 1 hour of poison # 2 and 30 of saline. No real effects thro any of the infusions, however #2 poison felt weird on its initial body entry.

Oh wait, it is lunch and the menu is running around again!... Salad, vanilla pudding burger...We were finally done around 2:30...

Head home and brace for the possible nausea and vomits...I can only think that I will be having an Exorcist moment... However it is around 6:30 and after Paul made me a lovely shrimp and pasta puttanesca... nothing is going on with the tummy...

Early to bed since the radiation and chemo process repeats itself again tomorrow

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Where did it come from? I need those masks to work with Rob!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home