Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Excuse me sir, your Cabana is ready

After sleeping 6 hours straight, I rather think of myself a movie star today... Just had a special very exclusive mint infused motor oil drink just made for me. No breakfast, must watch my diet. I have my appointment for tanning around 7:30am, cute operator always a shame it is only 3:00 minutes, but then again I have no time to be signing autographs...

After that a PET scan, interesting since I really don't like pets, maybe it will be a visit to a kennel or something; charity work? Maybe it is a movie preview and they are confused.. well whatever it is, it will be about one hour.


After that I hope that some food ANY food is in my future and I have been promised a small intimate party thrown by the kind people at chemotherapy. The image of chemotherapy in my head is that of an opium den. Individuals lying down trying to forget the present by the use of prescribed hallucinogenic. I hope they are good!

I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome... for now, a round of ativan for me..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mima:
Thinking of you and Paul and hoping today goes well. Hope the "fun" drugs (Ativan, etc.) give you the best high or "feel good" state-of-mind since the 60's...
Love,
Karen

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mima,

Just thought to drop a "good morning" before we leave for work. We wish you the best for today.

Andre & Nikos

P.S. Are there any more pics coming, maybe without the pejamas?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woke up this morning (5 am)and thought about you first thing. Randy was in his biking gear. Seeing your guy in a unitard can good - and sometimes not so good. But he looked like he belongs on the Tour de France. Even had the little booties to put over your bike shoes when it get cold (the toe warmers help too).

You look fetching in the P.J.'s. I'd like to see more of your fashion statement - a girl needs to keep up with the times.

I am in my mommy jeans (with a hair elastic between the button and button hole - I think I might have over indulgeled a little) and a long sleeved tee - mauve. It's what we here like to call the "Medford Housewife Uniform" Althought I refuse to wear sneakers - only "real" shoes for me ('cause I'm *special*) Don't worry I haven't fallen into the big hair trap - and if I ever do you need to *slap* me back to my senses.

Kids are at school - house is quiet. I will have a coffee, all the while thinking of you and sending you love and positive energy.

Rhonda

p.s. thought you might find this amusing. Max's xmas list included a portal to a black hole, a hover craft, and a nintendo ds lite. Thank god there was a least one thing I could get him...

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

Ok, so if we get to send you animals, I definitly have a cat that is coming your way! Motopeck would have you so crazy, you wouldn't have time to be anything but wildly irritated.
My Paw Paw had chemo and radiation for the exact same thing that you have and he was very tired and weak during the treatments but he didn't have nausea once. Fifteen year's later, he was still telling anyone that would listen that he didn't "throw up" one time.
You know I'm at Mass almost every other day, and I have been talking you up big time.
Give em Hell,
Love,
Colleen

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home