Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Start the day with a little

Nausea..and major stomach discomfort. Get my ass to radiation, 1.5 minutes flip 1.5 minutes flip. Get wheeled up to chemo and find out that my arms are so swollen that they need to get tne "nurse specialits" to put the IV in because after 3 attempts Andrea can't find it... nice! just what I wanted. An FYI for all my junkie friends, just found out that if you need the Ativan to work immediately, just let it dissolve under your tongue and it goes in seconds.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeepers! What a morning for you.

That sucks.

I remember how nauseas I was when I was pregnant with the kids (I had to have that mid-clavical line put in to keep me hydrated - for 5 months). I just kept my eye on the prize (baby). Your prize is you. (and *you* are the PRIZE for all of us :-)

Thinking back thought, I think if anyone would have told me to "keep my eye on the prize" whiltz I was hanging over the toilet bowl - I would have wanted to *kill* them.

So that being said feel free to send hate mail - or hit men.

I love you - I am thinking of you and sending my good energy (you don't want the other stuff - if it's not one thing it's your mother...)

Rhonda

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Mimita,
Never a dull moment. Visualize Maroma...the beach, with Paul. Yes, of course, and the 3 muketeers (E, G, L) will be there too.
Tu hermanita

PS
I will stop the "ita" business as soon as you get better--visualize that!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima, did you take the Tanning lotion with SPF 0? Sorry to hear about the needles "YEAK". That is what happens when you do use the cute cabana boy ;-)

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never liked the drugs that required a needle either. Too much paraphenalia to carry around. Especially when a baggie & pipe would do! Alot less painful also. & everyone could share!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home