Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Mergers and acquisitions

Once again, my company is going through another merger. You need to realize that I have only worked for one company all my life. One interview, long.. long.. time ago. Seven M&A's later, I'm still in the same place. Next week-end, I will be implementing the newest merger. The corporate propaganda machine speaks and all we hear in our small neighborhood is blah blah, purchasing power, blah blah industry leader. However, all we know is that the end of the lease in our building is only 18 months away and that time line is like a noose to our necks.

A couple of month ago, we were going to be outsourced to the other side of the world. Then nothing happened. It is like a rollercoaster of emotions between we are safe, we are gone. Needless to say,the drama has gotten very old and tiring. That defeatist feeling doesn't help when I need to give the rah rah speech to the troops on the first day of the new company.

I don't want to look for a job yet, because I love what I do and enjoy very much the people I work with. This past week one of my right hand people gave his notice. I am thrilled for him, he craves stability and that is hardly the environment we are in right now.

So, I either make the decision to start looking for a job now, or I ride it out. The biggest problem is that I need to look inside my head and figure out what I want to do. I realize this is a long post, but I felt like writing it to see if by doing so, any clarity came to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home