Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The best vacation...


I just came back from 15 glorious days in Europe. I had never done the usual tourist sites in Europe having only gone there for business. Needless to say, it was incredible, every night I thought I was in a dream. Re-entry into the real world has been very rough, but who cares!

Favorite place: Venice
Best surprise: Santorini
Best food: anywhere in Italy
Retirement location: Ravelo or Positano Italy
Place where I said HOLY %&^@ the most: Amalfi Coast, Italy
Best tourist place: Pompeii and the Coliseum
Biggest disappointment: St. Peter's Basilica
Coolest natural attraction: Seeing Mt Edna's lava flow while crossing the straight of Messina
Best expression of creativity: Anything by Antoni Gaudi
Biggest joy: having Paul's nephew with us


There were so many highlights it is impossible to describe. You need to understand that we never take pictures. This time around 900 pictures in 15 days. If I figure out how to do a picture gallery link, I'll post the top 50 pics.

For the knitters, I am happy to say that all the high end stores in Rome, and Florence were showing chunky and bulky highly textured sweaters in earth tones. One that will need to be recreated stateside was a Dolce and Gabbana k2 p2 light brown sweater at about 2-3 stitches to the inch. It was incredible, any Lopi fans that knit loosely will be thrilled at how quickly it should knit.

On my knitting front, the socks are done, NEVER AGAIN! My hat goes off to all of you sock knitters, just don't have the patience for that. Currently started a Malabrigo yellow (sunshine) sweater for Paul and setting up colors and swatches for a blue/green Kaffe Sweater for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger peebstuff said...

How mighty fine for you, filling in all of those blanks in your travel resume! I'm looking forward to your gallery of photos. Honest!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home