Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Learn something new every day


Being a terribly curious person, the pursuit of knowledge and new things even if it is archaic or obscure is a lot of fun. Sometimes this pursuit leads to interesting adventures. My latest, besides the socks that are 70% done has been the tango. Some years ago, while watching the movie Moulin Rouge I saw a brilliant tango performed to Stings Roxanne. After that, a dear friend wished to do a tango as her first dance at her wedding. In order to entice her husband (their second marriage to each other) to learn it with her, I was recruited as the stand-in.

They had a great wedding and they danced the tango, however, it was I who remained with the desire to learn more moves. I've had a blast doing it. Useful in a social setting? hardly, but damn it is such fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home