Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Highland Games

I have this thing about men in kilts. Don't ask me where it came from since I am from Puerto Rico and never had any exposure to things Scottish. Yes, my second favorite architect is Scottish (Charles Rennie Macintosh), but that is it. A few years a go at a black tie charity event we attended, one of the trustees showed up in full formal kilt regalia, he looked sensational, ever since that event, I think of men in kilts as always looking particularly wonderful.

My partner wears a kilt when we go to the Highland Games up in New Hampshire... and damn he looks good ! The games are one of the most civilized cultural festivals I've ever been to. Between the food, the crowd, the parades and of course the "game" portion of the games, I am in heaven. This year, there was a particular band playing what amounts to Caribbean rhythms with bagpipes, it was excellent, they had everyone stomping, including myself. This year, I got a kilt for me, next year, maybe a trip to Scotland would be fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! That's very exciting that you're making your first pair of socks! Hope they're going well for you. Be sure to post some pics!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home