Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, September 25, 2006

My first pair of socks


YIKES... who knew socks were so difficult! I hope that anyone that gets hand knitted socks really appreciates them. First you have the tiny needles, then you have the engineering, and finally you do have to do 2 of them. I have been battling them for a week now. I have to admit that I could not see how the heel-turn was going to work, but followed the instructions to the stitch and it actually worked. It is a good thing that the book I got was very clear.

If you wonder how I got started with the socks, check out Ken's site, he got a slot in the current edition of the Sock Wars, and is my current vote to win it all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the socks look great! And that's no simple looking sock for a first pair! Congrats on the progress so far. Can't wait to see the finished pair. Are these for you or a present?

9:06 PM  
Blogger mima said...

This pair, is for me. If they fit and I like them, I might do a pair for Paul(my partner), but I have a sweater to make for him next. A great hand dyed merino wool by a company called Malabrigo.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home