Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A New Brain

Every so often there is a show that just does it for you. For me, it is A New Brain. We just saw a production done by a small company called Metro Stage Company. We had seen this show before and what struck me this time was the high caliber of singing and acting. The main character was excellent, certainly a good casting decision. The author of the piece is William Finn, which turns out, has also written another favorite show, Falsettos. I have to try and see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, his latest show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,

Glad to hear you enjoyed our show! And yes, the minute Jim auditioned for the lead role we knew he was the right choice and perfect for the role. I hope to have you in the audience for one of our future shows as well and to meet you in person next time. So you know, I was the doctor in the show, and I'm also the Artistic Director for the company. :) Keep in touch!

Take care,
Robert

2:57 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Robert

Certainly will keep in touch. Hope you have a good run. I noticed that you got some great reviews, well deserved.

Mima

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home