Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Final Word...

As a virtual monument to Mima I will be keeping this blog open for awhile so everyone can revisit the many twists and turns of his life from the mind of the man himself. The journey of his battle with his illness is, in itself, worth preserving and something to refer to as we make our own stops and starts in our complicated lives.

As some of you know who have taken this same path it’s very strange to contemplate the hollow emptiness that is left behind when the space a special person occupies was so full of sparkle, curiosity and humor. For all of you who have expressed concern about my own well-being; rest assured I’m doing okay and I am slowly but surely taking care of all of the “stuff” as I think Mima would have wanted. As you no doubt know, life is still unimaginable without him but, oddly enough, it still goes on.

I want to thank everybody for the many kindnesses showered upon me and his family; it makes it a bit easier to know we are in your hearts and thoughts.

We will all miss you, Mima, but I think none so more than I.

If you feel moved to leave a comment herein anything you might add would be appreciated.

Love and peace,

Paul Lemire-Maldonado

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
I am so sorry for your loss. I would read Mima's blog from time to time and I was always impressed with his strength and wit! He is sorely missed. I wish you the courage and strength to keep on going and find peace in knowing that Mima is just a thought and a smile away. Gos bless!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hi Paul

John and I were so shocked to hear about Mima. We knew how much you loved each other and were thrilled to hear that you two finally got married. Carolyn emailed me a copy of the Playbill and told me about his blog. Mima looked so good in that picture. I am honored to have known him and will truly miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. God be you... you know Mima is.

Barbara and John Youngblood (Owl Separation Systems)

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

Obviously he touched many people deeply myself included. Just the other day he entered my mind while I was making a sales call that wasn't going as planned. As soon as I thought of how he "tickled my belly" to relax me at your wedding and some of his mannerisms during "difficult" moments I stated laughing and got the sales call back on track. I'll keep a part of him with me forever.

Stay strong.

Paul Irvine

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Carolyn said...

A whole month has passed & it seems like a lifetime! Work absolutely sucks! W/o his sense of humor & wit lying in wait for that oportune moment of each & everyday. I miss him so..... I have his picture everywhere, so I can talk to him, when the day seems impossible to deal with. My loss is nothing in compare to yours but yet there is such a void.

Peace always,
C

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, my friend! Hope you were able to spread the "love" around the world.
Baked with Love...

8:59 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just found this blog today, after doing a knitting blog search. I have read some of the past posts.. I am sorry for the loss.I pray for your strength.thanks for sharing,Amy

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Gerry said...

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does not seem possible to imagine that it has been a year without Mima. But it has. His memory and his constant presence are so very powerful. Every day there is that one moment when I think, "what would Mima do." What makes it be bearable is that the answer to "what would Mima do" keeps me close to him as he was my compass.
Eileen

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home