Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

I woke up Monday and it is saturday....what?

Saturday and Sunday were not extra anything days, however I've been tired and the headahces sort of came back (low level but back. The connection between my sarum and my rectum is really reminding me it is there, so what I do is either get on my side or sit on that ob-gyn looking position to releive any pressure. For whatever reason the "eyeball" test make things very apparent with thi illness. When I woke up Monday morning I knew there was somehting wrong...really wrong, so we headed for the ER at the Hilton. Upon the usual pee in a cup and let's check your vitals, the nurse said, Have you ha morphine ebefore.... BRING IT ON! one pill...one magic pill and the pain started subsiding. They then did a chest and head CT scan and the knowledge I was spending at least night here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
I feel like that everyday! 1 day just runs into the other. At least you have an excuse! Glad the morphine helps w/ the pain. "Drugs are your friend" as you will tell me when my migraines are in full swing...
Peace, Strength & Courage.
Always,

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that when the weather is ugly (snow and cold) you seem to be sicker than when the weather is warm? Last Monday we had a massive snow storm and off to the BI Hilton you went. I think it's time for you to move to a warm weather climate.

Rich

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday 9:43AM - I heard Paul's message that you're heading back home today - very good news.

My thoughts and prayers are with you - keep up the battle.

Rich

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my M I M A? Just checking in to see how you're doing.

Rich

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just heard that your surgery went well - Great to hear. How many holes in your head does this make now? : )

Love,

Rich and Lauren

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU!!!! Need your words w/ an update, even if Eileen or Paul types it. The conjegation will tell us it's from you!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seem to play catch up with your blog about every 3-4 weeks. Fairly quiet here in the South part of the good old USA. No snow,floods, blizzards or tornadoes so we consider ourselves lucky. Behave yourself and know we are thinking of you with love even if we don't blog.
M

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mima, caught up on yer Blog from the Courtyard Marriott in the Xuhui area of Shanghai, hey it's not with a view of the Yangtze River from the Shangra-La, but these are tough times afterall. Wishing you and Paul the very best as always. Thanks for your writing Mima . . . Your Friend Always, Bill Haus

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know Mima, I've never met Mima but I discovered Mima's blogs through one of his former co-workers and friends. I fell in love with his caustic humor, his brazen vitality and his always glorious, spit-it-out honesty.

St. Paul, please publish Mima's blogs. Give them to the world. And my heart sends to all of you peace, grace and happy trails.

Katy Bench

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home