Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

well that is an interesting twist.

Yesterday, we had an appointment with the brain oncologist, yes they one I really had issues with. This time around, we had about 20 minutes with the nurse practitioner who asked very good questions and was very insightful. Then, The "Dr" comes in. it is like somebody gave her a serious dose of chill...Much more civil, still and ass, but at least a conversational civil one.

So the current status is as follows: We have a node that glows (cancer) on the left armpit, We still have the people living upstairs in the brain, although many a shrunken in size and at least allowed the pressure to subside. It seems that the pressure in the brain is what was giving me the headaches, the light flashes (optic nerve issues)We also have the one in the back side between the spinal cord and the sectum whatever name it is. This last one we have been radiating for 10 days. Tomorrow is the last day of ass radiation....

On Thursday I start chemo. The interesting thing is that the original idea of the chemo was to take care of the armpit and ass cancer, but it seems that there is a study out that says that the chemo agent they are given me will go up to the brain cancers and hopefully reduce or destroy. I will have 3 sessions of this chemo, one every 3 weeks and the dosage of the chemo poison needs to be adjusted to see how it does with the brain cancerous masses.

As an aside, Now I have like dust bunnies running around my head because the debris left behind is not cleaned by anyone...I have issues with that!

This new chemo treatment has be doing massive amounts of a particular steroid that I hate and that I've have to take for the last 3-4 weeks. This is the reason why some blogs should have been edited by someone NOT on drugs!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is great power in persistence and no one is better at this than you are. I am humbled by your strength. Your TS.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do these steroids give you the ability to hit a fastball out of Fenway Park? You haven't become best friends with ARod, have you?

Good to hear that the little bastards are starting to shrink.

Keep up the fight!

Love,

Rich

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home