Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

No Sleep..Obsessed..and nothing happened

That is the summary of the scan today. I obsess all night about it, particularly about how was my arm going to behave when I stretched it over my head, fell asleep at about 12:30, and that is NOT good for my beauty sleep! Of course, I woke up early and left to go to the hospital. Needless to say the OCD - twin sister (mentally not biologically) arrived also early within seconds of my arrival.

I went early because every time I had to do a pelvic and abdomen scan, I had to drink the barium potion. Then you wait an hour and they scan you. My appointment was for 8:00 and as eight approached I am thinking to myself... potion and late..fuck fuck fuck. At precisely 8:00, the nurse comes over and asks me to go in..hmmmm no potion... strange?#!... She asked me to drop my pants, and to lay on the table... MIRACOLO!! she got the needle in on the first try...love that woman. Suddenly I realize that it is a brand new CT Scanner, the hole is bigger than normal by about 4 inches. Even though the arm did not behave and extend back as much as possible, it was enough to make it without hitting the damn machine.

For all of you who have done it, you know the voice...hold your breath 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 breath... HATE THAT!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I love your nurse too - a no nonsense women who wants you to drop your pants as soon as you enter a room.

Fingers crossed that the scan shows positive news.

Team Haus

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not very often that we hope for a larger hole, now is it? I'm so glad everything went better than expected! ;-)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home