Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Overnite at the Hilton

It is very funny when the nursing staff greets you by name when coming out of the elevators. I wanted a private room, but thoracic surgery has move to the 6th floor and the accommodations are certainly not up to snuff. I had a room-mate who would not shut up talking, but I was nice and high on a combination of morphine and percocets... YUMMY! The pain in my chest cavity is pretty bad 7 out of 10, but they must have strapped the arm down while doing the surgery in some weird ass position because it hurts like 2 vicodans/every 4 hours. The wording of the surgeons has been very interesting..." we accomplished what we set out to do" but I am not sure what that really means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home