Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where did he go???

OK OK, I have been out of circulation for a few days, but we have much to tell. We all know that Wednesday I had decided that I needed some supervision. I clearly did not feel well and I could see the infamous wall coming towards me fast and furious.... and then I woke up Thursday... I felt like crap and I looked like it too. I was incredibly emotional (non-drug induced) and just crashing fast. The nurse and Paul took me aside to the examination room and clearly felt there was something wrong... after the nurse and Dr Chemo saw me, I was sent to the emergency room mucho PRONTO.. 8 hours later it was determined that a) I have diverticulitis (fuck I feel old) and b I had an infection in the digestive system.

Isn't this just what you wanted to know... I am on massive doses of anti-biotics and feeling like the "other dwarfs" bitchy, cranky, bloated, et al..... sleep I am sure will come back soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe it was the cookies.

Need to start sending you prunes, dates and other fiber rich foods.

Yes, you're getting old, just be happy you have that opportunity.

Love,

Rich

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking you felt more like Alice in Wonderland...take some of this and feel small, take this and feel big, swallow something else and hopefully sleep to wake up and feel somehow all together different. Emotional crash is bound to happen. I'm glad you have supervision I was concerned about your drive home Wed. We have work under control, don't worry :)

Cherie

11:53 AM  
Blogger mima said...

and that is why I love the people I work with

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world, AGAIN!!!! You've got to have ovaries in there somewhere I swear! So another change in diet for you... Once the bid "D" takes over, you never know until the last minute what agrees with you or NOT!!! Soon the stairs will be easier to deal with than the trots...tehehe Either way it's all very inconvenient. Hope your feeling better & we get to experience You, or 1 of the 7 little people this week. PS> You were growing old gracefully but now you're fucked! :-) Welcome to the club.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this means "no" to the shortbread? It's good for the digestive system!
baked with love,
m&m

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...umbrage taken here. You don't feel "old," you feel "sick." That's two different things entirely!

4:15 PM  
Blogger mima said...

sock and old and old and sick!

it totally sucks

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the sleep part but not with the old part. You are still a vibrant young person who just happens to live with someone older.

Bring back that fighting spirit you had last time. Show Mr. Nasty who's the boss.

David

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home