Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clear liquids are food too??


I have never really had to watch what I eat, of course when they tell you that you can't eat anything, you crave food like crazy. Last night, I was upgraded to a "clear liquid diet". To my amusement and horror, the doctor said, with a straight face no less, if you can see through it you can eat it... Since I was hungry all I could think of is that when lined up properly, I can see through Swiss cheese, but I knew I would get a V8 slap on the head!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'll be a line at the V8 counter for everyone's turn at a slap! Nice to see your ense of humor is holding on.... Enjoy the dull & boring smorgesbord that lies ahead. "BEHAVE YOURSELF!" That's what MA would say.... :-)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, vodka on the rocks is see through.

Jello is see throug and you can add vodka to that as well.

If you hold the food up against a bright background and you can see through it, does that count.

Have a good one,

Rich

P.S. - Paul, next time maybe you should go down to pick up the air bed.

4:59 PM  
Blogger mima said...

All very valid points.. I will say that prune juice is not see through!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Paul, to just go next door & steal the water from some other patients flowers to fulfill the clear liquid thing! It will be way less stressful for him & probably taste better. He needs a break I think. Try some herbal teas...... We miss you, Bossman so drink up & get your digestive tract back in shape! Adult supervision will be required for quite some time I think! Peace, strength & courage. Always, C.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima.........

Jello shots!!!!!

Just adding to Rich's thought...... but I think jello shots are acceptable!!

Grace and Elegance

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home