Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!


As usual, we did not stay up to see the ball drop or watch the fireworks over the harbor. What's worse is that I woke up around 1:30am convinced that it was time to rise and shine. No such luck, I am preparing for tomorrow (figures I am anxious already) I have radiation, (old hat) pet scan (which I have to wake up at 4:00am to drink some concoction for it) and chemotherapy. I keep on thinking about chemotherapy as an opium den. Don't ask me where the image came from but it did. My other thought about; controlled poisoning.. YIKES

On a brighter note, Paul & Adam to me 100% cotton PJ's from Brooks Brothers as well as some slippers. Even when sick I look fetching... Thank God for vanity

I will officially start knitting what will be known as "C" sweater today. Let's see how quickly I can do it, not a simple pattern at all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,
We know that you are highly offended by profanity, especially from a priest – well, a sort of former priest – but FUCK! What in the hell is God doing to you? Tell Him/Her –notice the use of inclusive, PC language – to leave you alone – haven’t you Puerto Ricans suffered enough? Is this definite proof that Santa is not a Latino in that he was not very nice to you this year? Someone did not get the memo about giving nice toys to the good boys.
Very sorry to read about you not being able to sleep well – certainly you have things you can think about that will put you to sleep. For example, recalling Andre’s sermons that you had to listen to on a few occasions.
We are both thinking about you and sending you a myriad of good and healthy thoughts. We are also so glad that you have Paul and your family to take care of you – boy, you PR’s really pull together. Do they know that you are “knitter” – which is of course a euphemism for other “activities”? I thought that was an abomination in your Catholic world?
Today in Tampa it is gloomy and wet, very different from our last week of 75 degree sunny weather. But we are sending you warm and cozy thoughts!
Andre & Nikos
P.S. Were the Brooks’ Brothers PJ’s on sale? - does Paul pay retail?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita,
Rene declared this the "year of the war". Everyone to battle stations! You lead the way. As always...
Tu hermanita

10:35 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I apologize for posting my photo on your last blog. Who knew? OMG; there it is AGAIN!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima--

We were with the Ogilvie/Mannings for our second Christmas and want you to know that you are in our thoughts. The holiday wasn't the same without you and Paul with us. Good things are finally happening so we know you will come through this better than before. Stay positive and keep knitting.
Love,
Ellen and Alyssa
(Alyssa would love to send you cookies too if you are up to some more ;] )

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the ball drop either, well that's not until the Hatfields out back decided to put on their own firworks @ midnight & scare me & the horses to death!!! Oh to live in the country, w/ moron inner-cityfolk who disrupted my nature by moving in last summer. UGH>>> What color pimp hat will go with the new Brooks Bros pj's???? I can't wait to see the fashion show! ;-) Thinking about you, again, alot today... Peace.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima, mission PR complete. BOMBS AWAY... I am home and FIXING to eat me some lunch (texan he he).
I agree with Rene "Come on Give us your best Bitch"
He He Profanity !! :-)
By the way... "activities" .... DUHHHH !!!
Talk to you later darling.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home