Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday's scan

Woke up early.. no stress... got my ass over to the Hilton and went to the wrong office.. Pre-op Admissions..(Freud would have a field day with that error!) walked over to the correct office and as usual, they asked for my name. I-S-M... fuck it, would you like my medical record number? Seems that numbers are harder to screw up than letters.. Filled out the form, which I should just make photocopies of, and waited.

This time around, the scan was going to be of my chest and neck. This meant no motor oil and no barium, that is probably why I wasn't stressing out. All they needed to do was to connect me to the "contrast" by getting to my vein (left arm). Lay on the table and after 6 passes through the donut, I was done.

After all that, it was a matter of pestering the doctor for an appointment to hear where the yellow brick road was going to be laid out..Thursday at 2:30 I hope to find out if I will be pre-op again or just glowing in the dark.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Tell me something.. What keeps you strong and motivated? What makes you get up in the morning? What keeps you sane through all of this?

9:20 AM  
Blogger mima said...

Sane??? that is a stretch under normal circumstances! Motivated? I don't like the alternative, and I have too many places on the travel list!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have our fingers crossed and good througts flowing in your direction for Thursday. Keep up your positive attitude! We hope that Tampa is on that travel list.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to say good luck tomorrow!!
and let you know I am thinking of ya!!!
Kathi

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get to talk with you these few hours you were tangible. You're demeaner felt a little distant, understandly so. :-( Sometimes quiet space is the best!I sincerely hope that your 2:30 meeting on Thursday has a pot of gold at the end! Spirit, strength & courage. Always.

8:58 PM  
Blogger mima said...

C:

Distant??? how about in Saturn.. Had a little camping trip out there and it was lovely

iml

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. Keep the home fires burning while dream walking. Center of balance is the most important thing in your life, no matter what the obstacles. Sometimes all the supports in the world, can't help you figure things out right away. It's kind of like those canter-levered designs you love so much, w/ 1 upright missing in a hidden space, in plain sight... Peace

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home