Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh crap - no plan for 7-10 days

Well. well. well. Radiation doc called to tell me to go ahead and schedule my cat scan ASAP,(hospital ASAP is Monday the 19th) HOWEVER, this scan will be what surgeon dude uses to determine if he can do surgery. SHIT I thought I would know, but now we have to wait another week. I guess the catch here is that there are a bundle of nerves that go from the shoulder down to the arm that they really prefer not to radiate (perhaps some collateral damage). So surgeon dude will be able to determine if anatomically it will be easier to go in and which way to do it.

Just so that you know, I prefer the ugly concept of surgery because it statistically gives me better numbers that the cancer is truly taken out. Radiation although effective gives me lower statistical assurance that it is.

In other words, the surgeon can see better that a scan can!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all sounds like a good road map.

Give that old nasty thing your best effort.


David

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home