Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Chemo is so nice...

NOT... Even though they all try to be incredibly nice, the first chemo day requires a 4 day IV (yes stinky is back!) and the chemicals that taste like you are chewing on a fork. For some reason my blood pressure was incredibly low and not moving 94/57... we had to talk about my mother for it to go up a bit.

I fell asleep as soon as the chemicals started flowing and 5 hours later I sort of woke up. The great news is that I can physically feel the bump going down.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure it the right bump they are shrinking! Not the 1 bump you really want to keeep! :-) Blood pressure problems, well, chew on this.... Bossman. I got you covered there! Don't worry about the corporate seminar. I've pressed my best owl outfit complete w/ got job hat. I'm ready to face what ever they throw at me with confidence! Only because, they have already taken the best away! Our uniqueness! But not our pride! Watch me go.... No problem!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when the 'bump' goes down, but in your case, I am very happy for you.

We had our annual Cinco de Mayo party at good old Customer Service land. Basically that means, we sugar the hellout of the staff and then ask them to sit in their chair and behave on the phone. Always a tough thing, especially when your call tracking system is down for the ENTIRE DAY.

WOW, I fell better venting. Lauren and I went for a six mile bike ride tonight. Looking forward to the day when you can join us.

Love,
Rich and Lauren

9:25 PM  
Blogger Lester said...

Sorry about the fork. LOL about mom. :-)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You thought about your mother and your bump went down - I think that in a therapy session this is what is known as a breakthrough!
a

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home