Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Free Will - NOT!

Brief news from yesterday...Chemo is finally over, I positively hate sitting on a hospital bed and waiting for 5 hours for the fluids and the poisons to get in. I have however learned to zone out and do my breathing exercises to ameliorate the pain from the IV. Still hurts like a mother fucker, but it sort of goes away quicker.

Now I only have 1 more radiation to do tomorrow and I am done with that too... So what is next you ask? well let me tell you inquiring minds want to know... After radiation on Tuesday's I met with the Radiation Dr. who this time around was very careful and measured with his words. He will speak to surgeon doc to determine if there is the possibility of surgery, if that is the case, they would Cat scan me in two weeks, HOWEVER if surgeon dude says no go, I would be scanned immediately and then I would go back to radiation for 6 more intense session with perhaps an added dosage of the infamous "cyber knife".

This time around, I have managed to pretty much deal with the you can't plan anything until it is over, and you really have no choices, but it was clear to me (silly me!) that I would learn within days what path I was scheduled for depending on the time frame of the scan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home