Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The three amigos visit


After the prep appointment, I had a 2:00 visit with Dr Jain (chemo). From the three amigos he is the touchy feely one. We set up chemo dates and reserve the cabana for the Monday after next. How exciting. Then comes Dr Decamp... just love him to death, he speaks and you feel that he knows what he is talking about and you completely trust him. He explained their working theory and how he would make sure that they were doing the best possible for me. He is on a holding pattern since he is the surgeon and as of right now, we have no surgery on our future.

Lastly, Dr Berman comes in. He is the radiation expert, and the one that has the number smarts. When he explains what it takes to get the radiation settings right, you realize why it takes a couple of days. Rather wait a bit and make sure they get it right. I am sure he will..

This time around I am preparing myself mentally a little better. Going to see a psychiatrist tomorrow to make sure that I stay in the current frame of mind. Because of reason of confidentia... screw... I am not telling you anything about those sessions so you might as well make them up....

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima -

Sorry to hear that the cancer is back. I am so sure that you will beat this thing again with all the grace and elegance....

I hope one day to meet and share cruise pics..... you husband keeps telling me that they are on the computer!!!...

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you put your "lab rat" expertise into overdrive to create a potion that tastes like... OH say like, Mc'D's, that you love so damn much! Or how about that raw meat crap you like to eat! EEYYUU
Keep up that positive attitude :-)

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

You beat this once and you will beat the bastard again. Has the cancer seen Paul in the morning? That will scare it away for sure!

All our love, hope and good vibes,
Andre & Nikos

9:42 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Dear A&N:

That is probably why radiation will be first thing in the morning...

mima

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said.......

Hmm, Going to see a therapist, boy I wish I could be a fly on the wall for those sessions.

You know, you probably could raise some money, either for yourself or cancer awareness, by setting up some stadium seating at these sessions and charging a fee for a seat.

: )

10:08 AM  
Blogger mima said...

To the person that talks about grace and elegance.... you have seen me kicking an screaming in a most unelegant way when the nurse comes at me whit a needle!

2:25 PM  
Blogger mima said...

To Rich:

The tickets for the psychiatric sessions are not for sale to the public, HOWEVER if they were, you can be the eclusive agent

mima

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima...

Grace and Elegance here.... I was really trying to be nice seeing as you and I have never met... I have only had the pleasure (?) of bowling and dining with your husband........ so let me introduce myself.......

Be well.....

Jane

6:41 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Dear Ms Grace and Elegance (aka Jane):

No need to be nice, I prefer it real and rough.. can't wait to meet you. If the hubby doesn't organize it soon, you and I will get together and I will show you the cruise pics

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima.....

Me and my better half have a Baltic Cruise booked for July..... its our 10 year!! I think Paul said we are hitting some of the same ports you have already been too!!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think you're getting another freakin' fruit basket out of this. Hmmph!! We love you love you love you!!!

Aimee, Evelyn & Sarah

3:27 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Jeepers.. what do I need to do to get a freaking fruit basket... rough crowd!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home